Saturday, December 12, 2009

And so it begins......Phoenix, Arizona

I've decided to blog about my decision to move to Phoenix Arizona and my current work. I know everyone needs a job so shame on me for complaining about work. Let's face it, anyone will do anything these days and as I really do love what I do, I find it hard to love the people I do it with. I moved to Phoenix to start over after living in Denver for 17 years. I wanted a happy and wonderful fresh start in the Valley of the Sun. So be it, I got a job in water - doing exactly what I went to college to do. Environmental water work in a government setting - no money, but beaucoup satisfaction. right.

I didn't know anyone in Phoenix, just moved because I thought it sounded different than the beautiful mountains west of Denver. I even lived in Boulder for many of the 17 years, how could someone actually walk away - on purpose - from Boulder? I was in my element enjoying every day and every night. I must be mentally ill, but seriously, could never afford to buy a shack in Boulder and couldn't see myself in a 500 square foot condominium that used to be a college apartment complete with floors that reek of beer. This I could afford.

I'm moving off subject - my mind wanders back to a happier time. So I moved 13 hours south to Tempe Arizona and began work. Tomorrow I'll tell you about the first week I lived here. It's a gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment